Universal Skills Centre Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and security. We are classed as the ‘Data Controller’ for the information we collect, which simply means we are responsible for the personal data that you provide to us. We have strict policies and processes in place to ensure that it remains safe whilst in our possession. This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by USC Ltd. Your personal data (i.e. any information which identifies you, or which can be identified as relating to you personally) will be collected and used by USC Ltd. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), being the regulatory body for UK data protection. Our registration number is Z8185106. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that personal data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes for which they are to be processed
- Accurate and where necessary, kept up to date
- Kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which personal data is processed
- Kept secure and in a system that permits the easy identification of the data subject
The information we may collect USC Ltd collect personally identifiable information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address, National Insurance number, Date of birth, employment details including contracted working hours and prior learning and training including certificates. We also collect demographic information including, age, gender, ethnicity, information on disabilities or learning needs and preferences and interests. How we use this information This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as your employer or agency. The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as a training provider to ensure your eligibility for government funding and funding claims, qualification registration and certification and to perform statistical monitoring of qualifications and progress. We may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of our current services or of potential new services that may be offered. USC Ltd do not sell its lists to third parties. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent. How we hold the information All the personal data we have is stored on our secure server in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. This is hosted by Tribal Group Ltd. Disclosure of your information Your personal, demographic and other related information will be shared or sent to trusted partner organisations, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on USC Ltd. Trusted third parties that we may share your data with are as follows: The Education and Skills Funding Agency, Department for Education, Ofsted, City and Guilds, and other companies for the purpose of the management, administration and delivery of our services to you. What is the legal basis for processing the information? We will rely on your consent to process the information which is collected at the outset of your programme. Information and documentation to establish your eligibility for government funding is processed by us as we are legally obliged to do so. In respect of medical information, the basis for us processing this will depend on the circumstances but will usually be for one of the following reasons: it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or where consent has been obtained, if required. Once enrolment has taken place, we may also process your data on the basis of our legitimate interests i.e. for administrative purposes.
Your rights At any point whilst USC Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling You also have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold.
If you would like to make a request for information please email the Data Protection Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention of your data Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our ESFA Contract for Services and European Social Fund guidelines. Withdrawal of consent If you have provided us with your consent to process your data, for the purpose of using our services, you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us in writing by emailing email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to Information Commissioners Office at https:\\ico.org.uk\concerns.
Changes to the Privacy Notice This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time.
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
General information on Klarna